AppsAre Healthcare Apps Really Beneficial For You?

Taking care of your health has become much easier and more comfortable – online diaries, calendars, and other smart healthcare applications can not just keep but also analyze data about your health and body.

These applications help you stay healthy and keep track of your health by reminding you to take medication on time, monitoring the body’s performance, and giving bits of advice.

With mobile apps, the future of healthcare and clinical practice would never be the same again. At the moment, over 97 thousand apps for healthy living are available for download, which is a stunning result of mHealth. 70% of these mobile apps in healthcare are dedicated to sports and health, and the remaining 30% help in professional medical monitoring.

Digital is changing the concept of medicine. Thousands of IT companies around the world are working on remote diagnostic and patient counseling programs, opening online hospitals, and developing technologies for taking care of the health and body online. Healthcare is also the most popular direction in software testing. After all, it is so important for these applications to be 100% bug-free.  

The most significant benefit from the development of mHealth, no doubt, was gained by us, patients. The use of mobile applications allows a person to control his medical care more competently and conveniently. This self-service mechanism is especially preferable by patients with chronic diseases because it facilitates compliance with the treatment regime and helps carry out remote monitoring.

Regularly recording the applications’ indicators, patients can independently monitor their health and be under the attending physician’s control and promptly identify deviations in the patient’s condition. In addition, remote querying of information about treatment methods, diagnosis, or drug therapy allows the user not to go to the hospital each time for any reason, which certainly makes life easier. Especially now, when a disease is nicknamed the Covid-19 is raging throughout the world, and the cure is unknown.

A large layer in the field of healthcare is occupied by mhealth applications, which make a positive contribution to changing people’s habits towards healthier and more useful behavior – this is one of the biggest benefits of mhealth. Some healthy lifestyle apps help to leave unhealthy habits, such as unhealthy diets, lack of exercise, or, of course, smoking, through the challenges and awards.

Doctor, coach, nutritionist, and the personal assistant in your pocket – the number of mobile applications for ordinary people (both healthy and, oh, sick) is huge. It is enough to go to any marketplace to see tens of thousands of applications in the categories of “medicine”, “health”, “fitness/wellness”, “anti-aging”, etc. Let’s find out how to use health app.

You can use a healthcare app  

  • As directories (from analogs of the encyclopedias to collections of diets and physical exercises);
  • To control physiological parameters, behavior, and lifestyle;
  • As tonometers, glucose meters, etc. – applications of personal diagnostic devices;
  • As fitness trackers (fitness and health app);
  • As personal electronic medical records;
  • For telemedical consultations in a particular service;
  • As an individual diary (female cycle, medication intake, pregnancy sessions, nutrition, etc.).

MHealth can be classified into three large groups:

  1. for health: technologies for independent use by individuals
  2. for disease control: professional and advanced technology for remote health control 
  3. for communications: “doctor-doctor” and “patient-doctor.”

The current information era has influenced not only medicine but also changed the patient. Now it is not enough to give us a consultation and write a prescription. We want to know exactly who treats us, how and from what. We want to receive consultations of highly qualified specialists, buy medicines from proven manufacturers, have access to adapted literature, and keep abreast of the latest news concerning the medical field.

In turn, healthcare professionals want to have easy and quick access to a variety of thematic resources and be able to communicate with the patient virtually. If it’s predictable, it’s preventable.

This is a sponsored post

Leave your vote

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 0

Upvotes: 0

Upvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Downvotes: 0

Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Digital Health Buzz!

Digital Health Buzz!

Digital Health Buzz! aims to be the destination of choice when it comes to what’s happening in the digital health world. We are not about news and views, but informative articles and thoughts to apply in your business.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Hey there!

Sign in

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Close
of

    Processing files…