Buying the right hearing aid can be a bit of a challenge considering the various factors and interests of a person. Purchasing the best hearing aids in Mumbai can invoke many questions from the customer. Which one to select from countless products available in the market? Will the design go with the face? Is the price affordable for this design?
Sixty-three million people suffer from hearing loss in India alone. With the growing awareness of hearing deficiency present in the country, various companies and markets have released their brands of hearing aids that come in various shapes and sizes.
Hearing Aids and How They Work
When there is damage to the sensory hair cells present in the inner ear, permanent hearing loss occurs. Hearing aids restore some level of hearing by amplifying specific sound signals that the existing hair cells can pick up. The device is worn commonly behind or in the ear, which transmits the surrounding sound to the inner ear at an amplified level.
Hearing aids work with the same principle as that of a microphone. Surrounding sound is captured and amplified so that the hair cells in the inner ear can pick up these vibrations, which allows the deaf person to hear again.
Benefits Of Hearing Aids
- Actively secure enough to hear and have peace of mind in being able to take in sounds coming from the surrounding environment.
- Actively engage in communication and more social interactions.
- Secure and independent and less strain in focusing on hearing; this allows the wearer to concentrate on any activity or task at hand.
Choosing The Right Hearing Aid
Choosing the right hearing aid can depend on a lot of factors and personal preferences. These can include:
- The Level of Hearing Loss: Some patients may not hear sounds in higher frequencies compared to others. If that’s the case, they need to factor in that level and buy one that works well within the auditory range.
- Listening Needs: The degree of hearing deficiency depends on the person. Some people can comprehend a reasonably good amount of speech pattern, whereas others find it incomprehensible.
- Lifestyle: Some people are exposed to high noise levels in their workplace or throughout the day, whereas the rest live in a calm and serene environment. The level of extremes will be a factor in determining which hearing aids to buy.
- Device Manipulation: A majority of patients who use hearing aids want them to be digital and be able to control their parameters. Analog user numbers are very low and are reducing day by day as modern technology is catching up, improving the specifics of most hearing aids.
- Budget: This is the most critical factor, and the budget will ultimately decide the type of hearing aid the customer will buy, whether a simple low end one or a high-end digital one.
Types of Hearing Aids
With the fundamental factors out of the way, these are the different types of the best hearing aids in Mumbai currently available in the market.
- IIC: This means Invisible In Canal and, as the name suggests, is practically out of sight when worn. This is designed for patients who want to be discreet about their hearing loss and suited best for mild hearing loss. The only problem with this type is the level of hygiene that it requires and the ear canal’s size. Ears that produce a lot of wax may not suit this type.
- CIC: Completely In Canal hearing aids are customized to fit the patient’s ear canal’s size or shape. It is tiny in size and has a small battery which has limited battery life. However, there is a chance of ear wax build-up during its continuous usage.
- ITE: In The Ear aids or In The Canal aids are much more visible on the outside compared to the first two hearing aid types. It can conveniently cover the entire canal for full-time usage and has more features than the other two types.
- BTE: Most common type among them is the Behind The Ear aids, which have electronic components that hook up over the top of the ear. It is prescribed for patients having a much severe hearing loss and for children. Another variety is called the Open BTE that fits behind the ear with only a small tube that goes into the ear. It is recommended for much comfortable usage for hearing deficiency.
- RIC: It is called the Receiver In Canal and is the most versatile and flexible hearing aid to date. Because of those characteristics, it’s highly popular and has connectivity features through phone or other devices.
This is a sponsored post
Digital Health Buzz! aims to be the destination of choice when it comes to what’s happening in the digital health world. We are not about news and views, but informative articles and thoughts to apply in your business.