Zimovane is the trade name of the medication zopiclone, and this therapeutic is classified as a non-benzodiazepine. They are molecularly distinct from the benzodiazepine class of medicines as these are classed as cyclopyrrolones.
Non-benzodiazepines became famous in 1992 after concerns relating to the safety of benzodiazepines arose. Since then many disorders, such as insomnia and anxiety, are treated with these medications.
The medicines which form part of this class are colloquially referred to as Z-drugs, and this is because in most cases, the starting letter of their names is Z. This Z-drug, in conjunction with eszopiclone, zolpidem and zapelon, was one of the first non-benzodiazepines to be released into the pharmaceutical market.
Although they are considered safer than benzodiazepines, these Z-drugs are not without any potential risks or harm. In a report on the clinical and forensic toxicology of these medicines, Gunja (2013) indicated that these psychoactive therapeutics were hailed as the new hypnotics of the millennium but increasing adverse events, such as falls among the elderly, have prompted calls for the regulation, and cautious use, of this medication.
It was also stated that zopiclone presented its therapeutic benefits with the longest duration of action, when compared to other Z-drugs, but has the greatest residual action as well.
What is Zopiclone Made Of?
The therapeutic component of this medication responsible for inducing sleep is zopiclone. This is known as the active ingredient. Active ingredients are important as they are the clinically proven substance that makes a medication work, at clinically proven levels. Medications are chosen primarily for their active ingredients.
Also an important part of the pharmaceutical formulation process is the addition of inactive ingredients, which can sometimes make up for almost half of the mass of the therapeutic. These are not simply added ingredients which serve no purpose, but are rather formulated into the medicine for many different reasons:
- Composition: Inactive ingredients are, in some cases, formulated into medications to construct the perfect dosage.
- Efficacy: Although these substances do not affect the therapeutic action of the medicine, they can be used to aid the active ingredient to the site of the body where they will be most effective.
- Stability, appearance and taste: Inactive components can sometimes make the therapeutic taste better and appear more appealing as well. They can also enhance the stability of the medication.
- Absorption: These components are added to the solid dosage forms (tablets or capsules) to facilitate absorption.
What is Zopiclone Used For?
- Zimovane tablets are primarily used for the short-term treatment of insomnia.
Cimolai (2007) evaluated the action, and overall safety, of this medication among patients with insomnia. The key findings from this study indicated that this therapeutic may be useful for the onset of sleep, as it reduces the time of transition from wakefulness to sleep. It may also aid in the increase of total sleep time as well as reduce the nocturnal awakenings experienced by these patients.
However, this author has suggested the same safety concerns associated with benzodiazepines should be related to the use of non-benzodiazepines. It was concluded that while the medication is ideal for short-term use, long-term treatment can be possible, with strict supervision.
- The treatment of anxiety is an off-label use of this medicine. Being a sedative-hypnotic tablet, mental health conditions, like anxiety, can be effective managed through the relaxation effects that occur when these pills are administered.
Additionally, when used for the management of anxiety symptoms, the risk of rebound insomnia has been found to be low.
How Does Zopiclone Work?
This medication brings about its therapeutic action through its sedative and hypnotic properties.
- Sedative: This is the tranquilising effects of the therapeutic. When these tablets are administered, they reduce the excitability and irritation of the patient by causing a deceleration of brain activity.
- Hypnotic: As a hypnotic medicine, these tablets help induce sleep by depressing the central nervous system (CNS).
The sedative and hypnotic effects of this medication occur through the interaction of the active ingredient with the chief neurotransmitter of the CNS, known as gamma-aminobutyric acid or GABA for short. The principle role of GABA is to decrease neuron excitability by interfering with the transmission of the chemical messages between the nerve cells and the brain.
By interacting with the GABA receptors, this Z-drug can promote calm and induce sleep, as the inhibitory action of GABA is enhanced through the binding to, and subsequent activation of, the aforementioned receptors.
Treatment with these sleep aids should not exceed four weeks as one can easily become accustomed to the previously mentioned sedative and hypnotic effects.
Buy Zimovane Online
- Almost 70 million people in the United States suffer from a sleep disorder. Of these statistics, approximately 30% of people have issues with acute insomnia and the remaining adults are believed to experience chronic sleep difficulties.
- Sleep is essential for the body and mind to function at an optimum level. The dangers of a lack of sleep are extensive and can affect a range of aspects of your life, from health issues and cognitive problems to your appearance.
- But the consequences of sleep deprivation go far beyond these issues. According to data by the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that impaired driving lead to at least 72,000 accidents, 44,000 injuries and 800 fatalities, in 2013, for instance.
- These numbers were suggested as being underestimated, with at least 6000 motor accidents thought to occur every year because of drowsiness due to the administration of medications. Furthermore, it has been estimated that 1 in 25 adult drivers have reported falling asleep behind the wheel of a motor vehicle, in a survey conducted by the CDC.
- Non-benzodiazepine tablets, purchased through online pharmacies, are a means of preventing such situations and ensuring a healthy body and mind. Whether you have difficulties falling asleep or staying asleep, these sleep aids can help provide restful, uninterrupted sleep. This therapeutic is also useful for the management of sleep disturbances, such as middle-of-the-night awakenings.
- Buy Zopiclone to keep safe from the dangers of sleep deprivation and the health consequences arising from a lack of sleep.
This is a sponsored post
Digital Health Buzz! aims to be the destination of choice when it comes to what’s happening in the digital health world. We are not about news and views, but informative articles and thoughts to apply in your business.