Video marketing is a way of promoting services or products by using videos to engage the audience. Videos are easy to understand and help attract a larger audience. IGTV is a great video marketing tool. It is the short form for Instagram TV and is a video making platform.
The IGTV feature became available on Instagram in June 2018. It can be a great platform for your brand’s Instagram marketing strategy. The IGTV feature is one of the game-changing features of this social media platform.
Given below are some strategies and methods that you can use to build a fantastic IGTV content promotion series.
Features of IGTV
- Longer Duration than Instagram Stories: Regular users can make and upload videos that are 10 minutes long. The users who have verified accounts can upload videos that are even 1 hour long.
- Improved Creativity: Instagram lets its video creators share a minute preview of their content as IGTV videos. This helps creators get the audience’s attention more frequently. Video marketing is one of the most effective ways of promoting your content and brands. It is one of the best ways to engage your audience.
- Standalone Platform: You can also see the IGTV videos on the Instagram app. However, it also has its standalone platform for those who are fond of IGTV videos. With the help of an online editor, you can easily edit your videos and post them on Instagram.
IGTV also has many channels which are controlled by their content creators. You can follow any of these creators on Instagram. It will give you access to the content of their IGTV channel.
There are three ways of setting up an IGTV series:
- Via desktop
- By using the Instagram app
- Using your IGTV app
Components of a Successful IGTV Series
Many elements are of great help in making a good IGTV series. Some of them are:
- Get the Attention of Users Quickly
Try to get the attention of your viewers in the first 30 seconds of your video. It is the time that matters the most in the video.
- Plan Your Actions
Make sure to plan everything about your content before you start filming your video. Try to make content that thrills and engages the viewers.
- Use Relevant Hashtags
It is not possible to simply search on Instagram. People need to search for specific channels or pages to access some particular content. To solve this problem, hashtags are used.
If you provide some relevant hashtags in your video’s description, your video will also appear on the hashtag page. Hence, hashtags will make your video more discoverable. It will also increase the views of your video.
Strategies for a Successful IGTV Series
Some strategies to make a successful IGTV series and attract a lot of audiences are:
- Know Your Format and Content: Your IGTV videos must always have a particular and unique structure. They must have a theme and a different style to which the audience can relate.
- Break Down Your IGTV Series: Your IGTV series comprises of 4 main parts:
- Title screen
- Cliff Hanger
- Call to Action
- Promote Properly: You must know how to promote your video after you have finished editing. You can start posting some teasers or small clips of your IGTV series some days before publishing it officially. You can also use a countdown so that your audience can choose to get a notification when the IGTV video goes live. After uploading the video, you can share it in your stories to gain visibility. You can also promote it on other social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc..
- Keep Evolving: Make videos that reflect open-mindedness. Do not be afraid of experimenting. Instagram is one of the most competitive platforms. Think of new and exciting ways to keep your audience engaged.
- Keep It Short: Try to keep your videos short and sweet. It is advisable to upload a video around 2 to 5 minutes long so that viewers do not lose interest. No one likes to watch a video that is 10 minutes long.
- Make it a Tutorial Style: A tutorial style video will help you attract a new audience and engage the ones you already have. You can try to make “how-to” videos for your audience. If you have an interest in fashion trends, you can try to make videos on outfit combinations.
- Share Some Knowledge: You can use IGTV to share some useful information interactively. Just pick up a topic of your choice and try to say something informative about it. It will help you create awareness for your audience.
- Subtitles: Never forget to include subtitles in your videos. Some of your viewers may have a hearing problem, or they may not understand your voice. It is essential to make sure that your videos are accessible to everyone. If you want to make your video or add subtitles in different languages, you can use a video maker (for the Spanish language). It is available for many more languages too.
- Measure Your Results: It is crucial to measure your results. Instagram offers you analytics tools that help you to calculate the views and feedback of your audience. Use this feedback to improve your strategy over time. Take your time to understand the purpose of making the IGTV videos. Your videos can include text, links, and photographs also.
These are some methods that you can use to create a better IGTV series for your audience. Instagram has also brought up a new feature of Instagram reels. It is another video making platform that allows the users to make short videos of around 15 seconds.
Instagram is a great platform to connect with people all around the world. You can make most of it by connecting with the people and things that you love. Now it is your turn to think of something unique and exciting. So, start making some amazing IGTV video series by keeping in mind the points mentioned above.
Digital Health Buzz! aims to be the destination of choice when it comes to what’s happening in the digital health world. We are not about news and views, but informative articles and thoughts to apply in your business.