Livestream Educational Forum on Virtual Health Assistants
A series of educational sessions offering opportunities to learn from experts originally scheduled to speak at HIMSS 2020. Sessions with be presented by technology experts and clinicians including physicians and infectious disease specialists with topics including:
- AI-driven virtual bedside assistants
- Public health perspectives from the front lines
- Best practices around HIPAA compliance for virtual health assistants
- How conversational AI meets the needs of mobility-impaired and isolated patients
- Conversational AI for pharmaceuticals and life sciences
- Optimizing patient discovery and conversion via voice search
Thursday, March 12, noon – 5 pm eastern (attendees can drop in and out of sessions as they like)
We encourage individuals to watch for updates as the agenda and presenters are solidified
Register at: http://bit.ly/3cFjaWt (
This forum is open to all. It’s especially valuable for individuals who planned to attend HIMSS sessions related to voice, chatbots, conversational AI and virtual health
Presenters include the following with more anticipated:
- Teri Fisher, MD, Sport & Exercise Physician, Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of British Columbia and Founder of Voice First Health*
- David Metcalf, PhD, Director of the Mixed Emerging Technology Integration Lab at the University of Central Florida*
- Chelsea Biel, BSN, RN, Director of Clinical Informatics, Orbita
- Nathan Treloar, Orbita President
- Nick White, EVP Patient Care Solutions, Orbita
- Kristi Ebong, SVP Strategy, Orbita
* Fisher and Metcalf are authors of this book originally scheduled to launch at HIMSS20: Voice Technology in Healthcare: Leveraging Voice to Enhance Patient and Provider Experiences
According to Orbita CEO Bill Rogers:
- Orbita supports the HIMSS organization’s decision to cancel its event and respect how their leadership responded to a very fluid and challenging situation.
- Orbita is closely tracking COVID-19 as a public health issue. Our thoughts and support go out to those impacted across the world. We extend gratitude to healthcare workers on the front lines, as well as public health leaders working to make well-informed decisions as this unfolds.
- Despite this being a very difficult situation, Orbita’s team remains passionate about our mission to transform lives through the power of voice and conversational AI. HIMSS has been an important forum for us to communicate new digital innovations and solutions. It’s cancellation due to COVID-19 only reinforces our mission.To advance ongoing learning and dialogue, Orbita is pleased to deliver a virtual education forum focused on virtual healthcare assistants
- Orbita executives available for briefings before, during and following the event. Interviews with colleagues from Orbita customer and partner sites available on request. Contact: Beth Strohbusch, Orbita SVP Communications, email@example.com
- Visit the RESOURCES tab at Orbita.ai; review white papers, archived webinars, blog posts, etc. on topics ranging spanning voice search and SEO, security, call center efficiency, knowledge management for voice, prototyping voice experiences, healthcare’s digital front door, and more
Boston-headquartered Orbita delivers technology that powers voice and chat-enabled virtual health assistants to engage patients, improve outcomes and reduce costs. Customers include Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Libertana Home Health, Mayo Clinic, and the University of Chicago Medicine. Partners included Amazon, Cognizant, Deloitte, Pariveda, and ServiceNow.
Contact: Beth Strohbusch, Orbita SVP Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, 414-213-8818
Digital Health Buzz! aims to be the destination of choice when it comes to what’s happening in the digital health world. We are not about news and views, but informative articles and thoughts to apply in your business.